- To make adjustments: Rotate the knob until the arrow points in the direction of the desired position. In order to override: Alternatively, you may rotate the knob to the Off or Max position (arrow-to-arrow). The machine will continue to produce ice as long as the curtain switch is left open (for cubers) or the electric eye is blocked (for nuggets and flakers).
How do you adjust a Scotsman ice maker?
If necessary, make the following adjustments to ensure that the right size is achieved: Locate the cube size control knob, which is located on the front of the control panel. Turn this knob one eighth of a turn counterclockwise to complete the operation. When you harvest your ice cubes the following time, keep an eye on the size of the cubes and make adjustments as needed until you attain the desired ice cube size.
Why is my Scotsman ice machine making thin ice?
A number of factors can contribute to the machine producing little quantities of ice or none at all. The following are some of the possibilities. Leaking or an excessive amount of water – Leaks might have an impact on the amount of ice produced by your unit. Examine the hot gas, thermal expansion, and water intake valves to see if there is any leakage.
How do you make ice thicker on a Scotsman ice maker?
With a model that has an adjustment button, you can simply open the machine and push either a + or – sign to change the thickness of your ice. Pages 9 and 10 of the Scotsman handbook include the necessary instructions to do this task.
How do I reset my Scotsman ice maker?
Replace the compressor on your Scotsman ice machine. Using the “off” button on the control panel, you may shut off the machine completely. Once you have waited around 10 seconds, hit and hold the “on” button for a couple of seconds. This will switch the machine back on and begin the process of restoring it to its factory settings.
How do you use a Scotsman ice maker?
Instructions for turning off and turning on a Scotsman ice machine
- By unlocking the door, you may have access to the power buttons.
- Continue to press and hold the red “OFF” button until the machine shuts down and the green status light goes out. Allow all of the ice to gradually melt and drain. There will be no need for you to remove the ice from the trash.
How long does a Scotsman ice maker take to make ice?
When the harvest cycle begins, the machine will begin to release the ice after around 20 minutes of operation. Keep an eye out for the first cube harvest: Check the size of the ice cubes before using them. Please keep in mind that the typical size ice cube has a 1/4″ indentation in the wide end.
How do you troubleshoot a Scotsman ice maker?
Troubleshooting Guide for the Scotsman Ice Machine
- Room temperature and water temperature should be checked, as well as machine leveling and deep cleaning.
- The waterline and water regulator valve should be checked, as well as machine leveling and deep cleaning. When should servicing be scheduled?
How do I reset my ice maker?
Turn the ice maker on and off many times. It is as simple as resetting the power to your ice machine to correct the situation. In certain cases, turning the switch off and back on may be enough to restore functioning to your ice maker and get it to start dispenseing again.
Why is my Scotsman ice machine leaking water?
Leaking. It’s possible that a leak is causing a Scotsman ice-making machine to fail to produce the appropriate number of ice cubes. Depending on the cause, leaks can occur in any of the valves or be caused by worn fittings, tubing, or drain components.
What is the bridge thickness of ice?
19. Press and hold the On button for a few seconds to restart the ice maker and run it through a full cycle. Check the thickness of the bridge; it should be around 1/8″ thick; if necessary, alter the thickness.
How does ice thickness sensor work?
When the ice thickness probe is activated, it delivers information to the control board. The ice thickness probe delivers two signals: one for thickness and another for thickness variation. 1. There is no contact between the probe and water. Water must make contact with the ice thickness probe for a continuous period of seven seconds in order for the control board to commence a harvest cycle after the freeze cycle lock-in period of six minutes has lapsed.
What does Code 2 mean on Scotsman ice machine?
Diagnostic Codes are a type of code that may be used to diagnose a problem. 2 – A lengthy harvesting period. The system is being shut down. 2 (flashing) – Attempting a second time with a lengthy harvest cycle. 3 – The water is steadily filling.
Why is my ice maker not dropping ice?
One of the most common – and very harmless – reasons of an ice maker that won’t discharge ice is the formation of an ice clump within the machine itself. Heat is emitted from the mold in order to loosen the ice cubes from the mold and drop them out of it. It is possible that you may need to remove the entire bin or even thaw the ice machine at some point.
How do I reset my commercial ice maker?
If you reset the power, you should no longer have to worry about the ice machine halting after the same number of cycles as it did before the repair. Resetting the power two times involves pressing and holding down the power button until all of the lights on the circuit board turn on and off at the exact same time. Restart the computer once you have completed this procedure twice.