- You’ll find an adjustment screw on the Scotsman Prodigy models, as well. Start by inserting a standardized 7 32-inch drill bit between the sensor and ice grid to establish the beginning point for the experiment. Make adjustments with the adjustment screw until the bridge comes into contact with the 7 32-inch gauge.
How do you make ice thicker on a Scotsman ice maker?
With a model that has an adjustment button, you can simply open the machine and push either a + or – sign to change the thickness of your ice. Pages 9 and 10 of the Scotsman handbook include the necessary instructions to do this task.
How do you adjust the thickness of ice probe?
Adjust the ice thickness probe’s adjustment screw (Figure 4) in either direction clockwise to increase ice thickness, or counterclockwise to reduce ice thickness. 2. Check that the ice thickness probe wires and bracket do not interfere with the probe’s movement.
How do you test ice thickness sensor?
CHECK THE ICE THICKNESS PROBE: Disconnect the ice thickness probe wire from terminal 1C on the control board and check the ice thickness probe. The ice thickness probe may be tested both before and after it has been removed from the ice maker. Measurement of Continuity — The ice thickness probe is in proper operating condition. The ice thickness probe should be cleaned, rinsed, and dried.
How do you adjust a Scotsman ice maker?
If necessary, make the following adjustments: Locate the cube size control knob, which is located on the front of the control box. Turn this knob one eighth of a turn counterclockwise to complete the operation. When you harvest your ice cubes the following time, keep an eye on the size of the cubes and make adjustments as needed until you attain the desired ice cube size.
Why is my Scotsman ice machine making thin ice?
A number of factors can contribute to the machine producing little quantities of ice or none at all. The following are some of the possibilities. Leaking or an excessive amount of water – Leaks might have an impact on the amount of ice produced by your unit. Examine the hot gas, thermal expansion, and water intake valves to see if there is any leakage.
What is the bridge thickness of ice?
19. Press and hold the On button for a few seconds to restart the ice maker and run it through a full cycle. Check the thickness of the bridge; it should be around 1/8″ thick; if necessary, alter the thickness.
How do I adjust my ice maker?
Take your Phillips or flat head screwdriver and spin the little adjustment set screw located on the top, center right hand side of your ice maker one-half turn at a time, depending on the type of screw your ice maker has. Increasing or decreasing the water level is accomplished by rotating the screw clockwise or counterclockwise, respectively.
How do you adjust ice O Matic?
Rotating the adjustment clockwise will lower the bridge thickness and counter-clockwise will raise the bridge thickness. This may be done on the Float Housing by turning the adjustment counter-clockwise. With each adjustment, you will hear a distinct “click.” When making modifications, it is advised that one or two “clicks” are performed at a time.
How thick does ice have to be to drive a truck?
To drive a vehicle onto a lake or pond securely, according to the Department of Natural Resources, 12-15 inches of solid ice is required. Normal passenger cars require between 8 and 12 inches of clearance. Snowmobiling requires a minimum of 5 inches of snow to be effective.
How long does a Scotsman ice maker take to make ice?
When the harvest cycle begins, the machine will begin to release the ice after around 20 minutes of operation. Keep an eye out for the first cube harvest: Check the size of the ice cubes before using them. Please keep in mind that the typical size ice cube has a 1/4″ indentation in the wide end.
How do you use a Scotsman ice maker?
Instructions for turning off and turning on a Scotsman ice machine
- By unlocking the door, you may have access to the power buttons.
- Continue to press and hold the red “OFF” button until the machine shuts down and the green status light goes out. Allow all of the ice to gradually melt and drain. There will be no need for you to remove the ice from the trash.
How do you troubleshoot a Scotsman ice machine?
Troubleshooting Guide for the Scotsman Ice Machine
- Room temperature and water temperature should be checked, as well as machine leveling and deep cleaning.
- The waterline and water regulator valve should be checked, as well as machine leveling and deep cleaning. When should servicing be scheduled?