- The graph on page 73 of this handbook should depict the suction pressure you are experiencing. Service Manual for the Scotsman Prodigy It is important to note that the evaporator suction pressure is 80psi at the commencement of ice production and will drop to 40psi after 16 minutes.
What should ice machine pressures be?
For your ice maker to function correctly, you must have sufficient water pressure. In order for the ice maker to function properly, the water pressure must be between 30 and 120 pounds per square inch (psi). If the pressure is too high or too low, you may have difficulty running the ice maker. More information may be found in the section below.
How do you adjust a Scotsman ice maker?
If necessary, make the following adjustments to ensure that the right size is achieved: Locate the cube size control knob, which is located on the front of the control panel. Turn this knob one eighth of a turn counterclockwise to complete the operation. When you harvest your ice cubes the following time, keep an eye on the size of the cubes and make adjustments as needed until you attain the desired ice cube size.
Why is my Scotsman ice machine not making ice?
The low room temperature – Most Scotsman ice producers will not manufacture ice at temperatures below 55 degrees Fahrenheit (13 degrees Celsius). Place the machine in a warmer room or in a more comfortable environment. Lower than normal refrigerant charge — A low refrigerant charge might make ice formation more difficult.
How do I check the water pressure on my ice maker?
It is possible to assess whether or not the water pressure is low by flowing water from the dispenser into a big container for around 20 seconds. It is possible that the water pressure to your ice maker is too low if your container contains less than 13 1/2 ounces of water.
How do you adjust the ice size on a Scotsman ice machine?
To generate larger ice cubes, spin the cube size control shaft clockwise to the right until the cubes are full. To generate smaller, more manageable ice cubes if the cubes are overfilled, reverse the direction of the cube size control counter-clockwise.
How do you troubleshoot a Scotsman ice machine?
Troubleshooting Guide for the Scotsman Ice Machine
- Room temperature and water temperature should be checked, as well as machine leveling and deep cleaning.
- The waterline and water regulator valve should be checked, as well as machine leveling and deep cleaning. When should servicing be scheduled?
How do you use a Scotsman ice maker?
Instructions for turning off and turning on a Scotsman ice machine
- By unlocking the door, you may have access to the power buttons.
- Continue to press and hold the red “OFF” button until the machine shuts down and the green status light goes out. Allow all of the ice to gradually melt and drain. There will be no need for you to remove the ice from the trash.
What should the high and low side pressures be for 404A?
It is required to maintain a temperature of 34 degrees. When the system is operational, the temperature in the evap is typically 24 degrees Celsius, resulting in 32 suction pressure. The liquid line pressure must be greater than the saturation temperature of the outside ambient, which means it must be at least 257 psi.
What should the subcooling be on a walk in freezer?
The temperature range for subcooling on systems with a thermostatic expansion valve (TXV) should be between 10°F and 18°F. Increased subcooling implies that there is too much refrigerant accumulating in the condenser.
How do you troubleshoot an ice maker?
The ice maker is not producing enough ice.
- Check the level of your refrigerator to ensure that it is completely level. Check the level of your ice maker unit to ensure that it is working properly. Make a visual inspection of the water supply line for damage, pinching, or kinks. Ensure that the fill cup is properly aligned with the water funnel by checking it periodically.
How long does a Scotsman ice maker take to make ice?
When the harvest cycle begins, the machine will begin to release the ice after around 20 minutes of operation. Keep an eye out for the first cube harvest: Check the size of the ice cubes before using them. Please keep in mind that the typical size ice cube has a 1/4″ indentation in the wide end.
How do I reset my Scotsman cm3 ice machine?
Once you’ve identified the control panel, resetting the machine is as simple as pressing and holding the “off” button until the machine shuts off. Once you have waited a short period of time (10 seconds should be plenty), press and hold the “on” button for a short period of time.