- For your Kenmore Refrigerator, follow these steps: i. Turn off the power supply
- ii. Turn off the water supply
- iii. Remove the old water filter
- iv. Install the new water filter
- v. Restart the refrigerator with the filter button pressed. Turn on the water supply and flush the new filter with water
How do I reset my Kenmore Elite water filter?
For the CHANGE FILTER light to blink again, press and hold the LIGHT and LOCK pads simultaneously until the CHANGE FILTER light blinks again (approx. 3 seconds). The control has now been reset for another 12 months or 416 gallons of water.
Where is Kenmore refrigerator water filter located?
Kenmore refrigerators are either equipped with an internal filter located towards the top of the machine or with an external filter located at the bottom of the machine under the doors. Both types of filters require just a little amount of maintenance; just make sure you choose a replacement filter that is compatible with your refrigerator model.
Do I really need to change the water filter in my refrigerator?
Kemmore refrigerators are either equipped with a filter located inside of the refrigerator towards the top of the machine or with a filter located on the bottom of the refrigerator under the doors. Just make sure you have a replacement filter that is compatible with your refrigerator model before you begin. Both types of filters require very little maintenance.
How do you reset the code on a Kenmore Elite refrigerator?
Error Code for Kenmore Refrigerator = er 1F or er 2F After unplugging the refrigerator’s power for 5 minutes and putting it back in, an error code will be shown and may be removed. However, it may return if the cooling fan does not begin to run after it has been cleared of code.
How do you reset a refrigerator after changing filter?
It is necessary to locate the multi-function button(s) on your display that control the water filter indication in order to restore it to its default setting. Then push and hold the button(s) for a few seconds until the light turns green.
How do you get a stuck Kenmore water filter off?
If the water filter becomes clogged,
- While the water filter is being expelled, hold down the button for several seconds. The filter should be activated first, followed by the button. In order for the filter to disengage from the filter assembly, Remove the bottom grill from the refrigerator by unplugging it and following the steps in the Installation Instructions.